Monday, March 15, 2010

Victorian writers I'm reading and watching

Curled up on my couch drinking Earl Grey tea and watching Middle March. I feel that it is appropriate as we are reading George Eliot in my Victorian women writers class. So far it is fairly interesting and its easy to see that Eliot had a style all her own.
I am half way through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Even though Heathcliff and Catherine's relationship was tumultuous and ultimately sad I think that it is one of the most interesting relationships I have read about so far in my class. Nelly, the nanny, however is the most frustrating character I have read about in a long time. At every turn she is keeping her mouth shut when she shouldn't and flapping it to the wrong people at the wrong moment the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment